.................................................................................

dtellesen : art news : etc.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Crocker Art Reception

So I went to the artist's reception at the Crocker and was surprised by the mediocrity of the event. The Auction was down in the basement with relatively no signage or fanfare. Hopefully they stepped it up for the main event with the paying customers. My mom, dad, grandma, and couple of friends turned up to meet Hilary and I, which was fun. In the end I was glad I attended: I got to meet some potentials, eat some grub, and most excitedly take some reference photos for a future painting. This guy had charisma:

I was nervous to take his picture so I had Hilary pretend like I was taking her picture. After that I lost my inhabitions. I think by the final photo he caught on.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home